LAW Weekly Roundup 12-18 April 2001

7 dead including 3 children in the same day, Israeli

forces trespass PNA-controlled areas & demolish civilian houses, Residential

areas subject to worst shelling since outbreak of Intifada Introduction:

The 28th week of the Palestinian Intifada saw an ominous escalation

by the Israeli forces against Palestinian civilians and security and

police headquarters. Between 12-18 April 2001, Israeli forces and

used lethal sea, air and land artillery to shell Palestinian houses

and other civilian establishments as well as police and security apparatus

posts and headquarters. Military bulldozers were used to demolish

civilian homes and military posts, especially in the Gaza Strip, and

civilian houses in Hebron, Bethlehem and surrounding areas were subjected

to brutal shelling with artillery and heavy ammunition. In the past

week there have also been two instances of the Israeli military trespassing

into Palestinian controlled areas. The first was in Rafah, Gaza, when

Israeli forces trespassed the PA-controlled area opposite Salah Al

Deen Gate and destroyed several Palestinian homes and stores, as well

as the offices of the Palestinian military intelligence services.

The second, again in Gaza, was when Israeli forces penetrated 1km

north and 800m east into Beit Hanoun, destroying several Palestinian

National Security headquarters and occupying the area for several

hours before withdrawing. Israeli forces also continued their unjustified

use of lethal force against Palestinian civilians when dispersing

popular protests against the oppressive measures of the Israeli occupation.

In the meantime, Israeli forces continued committing other grave violations

of Palestinian human rights, such as bulldozing agricultural lands,

uprooting trees, demolishing houses and continuing its tight siege

over Palestinian residential areas. This week, six Palestinian civilians

were killed (including four children) and a 23 year-old National Security

sergeant, Muhammad Al Masri from Khan Younis, who was hit by artillery

while Israel shelled Palestinian National Security headquarters in

Beit Hanoun. Two of the civilian children killed lost their lives

during Israeli shelling of residential areas: 10 year-old Baraí Al

Shaíer from Rafah, and 16 year-old Rami Ighrayeb from Al Khader. The

other four were shot, either during the brutal dispersion of peaceful

demonstrations or away from flashpoints. In this roundup, we will

present the most significant Israeli violations committed within the

Palestinian Territories: First: Shooting at Civilians During the past

week, four Palestinian civilians died after being shot at, either

during peaceful demonstrations or away from flashpoints altogether.

They were: 1. 35 year-old Hafeth Subuh from Al Fakhari, east Khan

Younis, killed on 12 April. 2. 16 year-old Shawkat Al Alami, from

Beit Ummar in Hebron, killed on 12 April. 3. 19 year-old Basel Zahran

from Alar in Tulkarem (normally resident in Amman, Jordan), killed

on 16 April. 4. 15 year-old Hamzeh Iíbeid from Al Shajaíyeh in Gaza,

killed on 17 April 2001. On Thursday 12 April 2001, 35 year-old Hafeth

Subuh, a taxi- driver from Al Fakhari, east Khan Younis, was killed

when heavy ammunition entered his abdomen and right foot. According

to information gathered by LAW, at around 5:30am Subuh was taking

25 year-old Muhammad Siam to Gaza. While passing the village of Sater,

north of Al Amal, Khan Younis, 200m away from Gani Tal settlement,

his taxi broke down. He stopped the car to see what was wrong, but

as soon as he got out he was shot at by Israeli forces. Subuh died

instantly, and Siam was hit in the right hand. At around 8pm on the

same day, 16 year-old Shawkat Al Alami from Beit Ummar, Hebron, died

after being shot twice in the right side of the neck, rupturing his

jugular vein. According to information gathered by LAW, at around

7: 30pm a group of Israeli soldiers in an armored vehicle broke into

the eastern and southern areas of Beit Ummar, arbitrarily shooting

at citizens and their houses, under the pretext that someone had been

firing Molotov cocktails at the Israeli military post at the villageís

eastern entrance. The soldiers shot at Al Alami in an agricultural

field 100m from his home and 300m from the Israeli outpost. Eyewitnesses

estimated that he was shot from a distance of 200m, and confirmed

that when the soldiers broke into the village through its main entrance

they were randomly shooting in all directions for at least 20 minutes.

The same evening, Israeli soldiers stationed at the Rafah border (opposite

Salah Al Deen Gate and the Brazil quarter) shot at civilian houses

in Brazil, leading to the injury of 60 year-old Saleh Al Rous by gunshot

in the pelvis. At the time he was shot he was in his home, 150m away

from the border. At noon on Friday 13 April, 15 year-old Bader Shukr

was hit in the right side of the chest after Israeli soldiers at Netsarim

intersection, south Gaza, opened fire at group of young Palestinian

demonstrators. At around 7am on Sunday 15 April, many Palestinian

civilians were gathered at Salah Al Deen Gate, south Rafah, to look

at the buildings destroyed by Israeli aggression the previous day.

Israeli soldiers stationed at that gate fired dozens of teargas canisters,

causing many to suffer severe teargas inhalation. At around 11am,

soldiers at the same gate began firing silenced rifles at citizens,

injuring 18 year-old Muhammad Taha in the left leg. It is becoming

increasingly clear that Israelís policy is aimed at frightening Palestinian

civilians while simultaneously ëdisposing ofí field Intifada activists.

At around 10: 30am on Monday 16 April, Israeli forces attempted to

assassinate 32 year-old Abdil Hadi Al Natsheh from Hebron with heavy

machinegun fire. The ammunition penetrated his left arm. According

to Al Natshehís affidavit to LAW, at around 10:30am that day, he got

out of his car to inspect a workshop near his house in Raís Al Jora,

near the northern entrance to Hebron (close to Area C). Suddenly he

was subjected to heavy machinegun fire, which hit him in the left

arm, from the Israeli military post that has been set up on the roof

of the home of Asíad Al Jaíbari. He managed to crawl behind a nearby

cement column, where he sheltered from the shooting for at least 5

minutes. Afterwards, he was to taken to Al Ahli hospital in his cousinís

car. He underwent surgery on his arm, which was totally lacerated.

Al Natsheh is a father of 5 who has been ëwantedí by the Israeli army

for a year and a half. At about the same time, two boys - 15 year-old

Hani Shahin and 15 year-old Qasem Abu Mudeen - were injured by shrapnel

when a suspicious object exploded in Gaza valley. According to information

gathered by LAW, the boys were walking around the fields in Gaza valley

when they came across a suspicious object, which exploded while they

examined it. Shahin was wounded in the forehead and left eye, while

Abu Mudeen was wounded in the forehead. They were both taken to Al

Nasser hospital. At around 10am, Israeli soldiers stationed at an

outpost in Neve Dakalim settlement shot at a group of youngsters in

a park belonging to Khan Younis municipality (west of the Austrian

quarter and 150m from the outpost), hitting 15 year-old Muhammad Wadi

in the pelvis. At around 5pm on the same day, Monday 16 April, 19

year-old Basil Zahran, a resident of Amman, Jordan who was staying

in Alar in Tulkarem, was killed by gunshot fired by Israeli soldiers

stationed at the western Baqa military checkpoint. According to LAWís

information, Zahran had arrived from Jordan that day to visit relatives.

Israeli soldiers chased and shot intensively at him, killing him instantly

from close range. Following his death, the Israeli authorities claimed

that he had tried to stab a soldier so they killed him. At 1am the

following day, Tuesday 17 April, the Israeli liaison office reported

his death to the Palestinian liaison. At 2:30am, the body was handed

to the Palestinian liaison and then taken to Dr Thabet Thabet governmental

hospital in Tulkarem. According to a preliminary medial report: ·

He had bullet wounds in the upper left side of his chest · A bullet

had entered his throat and exited through the back of his neck. ·

A bullet entry wound in his right elbow and the exit wound on his

inner arm, complete with lacerated muscles and tissue. · Bullet wounds

around the left ear · Bullet wounds and muscle laceration in the left

hand · X-rays showed fractures of the skull, right and left hands,

along with shrapnel in the upper part of his body (chest, head, shoulders

and hands). At around 2:30pm on Tuesday 17 April, 15 year-old Hamzeh

Iíbeid from Al Shajaíyeh in Gaza was killed instantly after being

shot from a distance of 150m by Israeli soldiers stationed at Al Mintar

crossing, east Gaza. The bullets penetrated his chest. According to

information gathered from Gaza by LAW, the soldiers opened fire at

a group of Palestinian children and young demonstrators, killing Iíbeid

and injuring 5 others: 1. 10 year-old Samir Karim from Al Shajaíyeh,

hit in the left shoulder. 2. 14 year-old Muhammad Nasser from Al Shajaíyeh,

hit in the pelvis. 3. 17 year-old Muhammad Nayef from Al Zaytoun,

hit in the chest. 4. 17 year-old Sameh Daghmash from Al Sabra, hit

in the pelvis. 5. 13 year-old Hassan Al Shawwa from Al Tufah, hit

in the waist. Second: Shelling Israeli forces escalated their shelling

of Palestinian residential areas as well as Palestinian security apparatus

and police headquarters. As a result, 3 were killed and dozens suffered

various injuries; some are in a critical condition. In addition, many

private properties and other targets were severely damaged. In the

afternoon of Thursday 12 April, Israeli soldiers stationed at the

northern entrance to Beit Hanoun shelled Palestinian residential houses

in Al Sikeh Street near the armistice line with medium and heavy machinegun

fire. Four houses belonging to the Hamdan extended family (32 members)

were severely damaged. In an attack similar to that which targeted

Palestinian houses in Khan Younisí Al Gharbi refugee camp at dawn

on Wednesday 11 April (see last weekí s weekly report), on Saturday

April 14 Israeli soldiers targeted Palestinian civilian homes at Salah

Al Deen Gate, south Rafah. According to information gathered from

Gaza by LAW, at 3pm on Saturday 14 April Israeli soldiers with tanks

and bulldozers broke into Salah Al Deen Gate and its surrounding area,

demolished a number of houses and stores and bulldozed a Palestinian

Military Intelligence headquarters. During the demolition, Israeli

soldiers shot heavy artillery and live ammunition at Palestinians

from tanks and military outposts at Salah Al Deen Gate, injuring more

than 40 Palestinians including: 1. 6 year-old Muhammad Al Satri, shrapnel

in the mouth. 2. 16 year-old Muhammad Jarghoun, shrapnel in the right

shoulder. 3. 16 year-old Mahmoud Lafi, shrapnel in the right shoulder.

4. 18 year-old Alaí Iznoun, gunshot and shrapnel in right & left shoulders

and chest. 5. 28 year-old Aref Al Qadi, artillery shrapnel in the

right foot. 6. 17 year-old Rami Abed, shrapnel in the right hand.

7. 19 year-old Hasan Al Satri, shrapnel in the left thigh. 8. 19 year-old

Anwar Qishta, shrapnel in the left thigh. 9. 19 year-old Nidal Miqdad,

shrapnel in the face. 10. 19 year-old Adel Madi, shrapnel in the face.

11. 18 year-old Mahmoud Abu Muíammar, shrapnel in the neck. 12. 12

year-old Mahmoud Abu Taha, shrapnel in the head. 13. 34 year-old Abdil

Haleem Judeh, shrapnel in the face. 14. 18 year-old Iyyad Al Shaíer,

shrapnel in the right foot. 15. 31 year-old Muhammad Abu Sweilem,

shrapnel in the head and right forehead. 16. 21 year-old Nidal Abu

Tyour, shrapnel in the head. 17. 16 year-old Hazem Abu Rizeq, shrapnel

in the right hand. 18. 21 year-old Saíeed Abu Jalaleh, shrapnel in

the left eye. 19. 30 year-old Hala Al Shaíer, shrapnel in the left

hand. 20. 17 year-old Atiyah Al Jazzar, gunshot in the right leg.

21. 16 year-old Thaíer Abu Siam, critically injured by artillery shrapnel

in the left leg. 22. 18 year-old Muhammad Iznoun, critically injured

by gunshot in the pelvis. 23. 15 year-old Ibrahim Abu Jazar, shrapnel

in the face. 24. 13 year-old Fadi Abu Iíbeid, gunshot in the left

thigh. 25. 22 year-old Hani Abu ëAnzeh, shrapnel in the chest. 26.

25 year-old Raíed Abu Jazar, shrapnel in the head. 27. 17 year-old

Hani Abu Hilal, shrapnel in the head. 28. 23 year-old Mahmoud Judeh,

shrapnel in the neck. 29. 19 year-old Fadwa Al ëEed, gunshot in the

left thigh from 500m distance. 30. 44 year-old Ibrahim Abu ëAnzeh,

gunshot in the left shoulder. 31. 38 year-old Tayseer ëArour, shrapnel

in the face. 32. 25 year-old Amjad Al Nawajha, shrapnel in the abdomen.

33. 15 year-old Jamal Abu Hilal, shrapnel in the right knee. 34. 34

year-old Hatem Al Satri, 34, shrapnel in the face and head. 35. 15

year-old Ismaíeel Irjilat, shrapnel in the right foot. 36. 25 year-old

Talíat Al Buji, shrapnel in the right forearm. 37. 18 year-old Kamal

Abu Tayyem, gunshot in the left thigh. 38. 23 year-old Anwar Al Sudoudi,

shrapnel in the abdomen 39. 33 year-old Ahmad Abu Hasna, gunshot in

the right thigh. 40. 14 year-old Khaled Al Mugheer, shrapnel in the

neck. 41. 18 year-old Salah Dweiyi, shrapnel in the head. 42. 16 year-old

Thyab Abu Zeid, shrapnel in the left hand. 43. 16 year-old Muhammad

Lafi, shrapnel in the right foot. At around 3pm on Sunday April 15,

Israeli forces stationed at Salah Al Deen Gate, south Rafah, shelled

Palestinian civilian houses 100 away from the border with Egypt with

medium to heavy machinegun fire. 45 year-old Muhammad Hussein was

in his bedroom when he was critically wounded in the head by heavy

machinegun ammunition. At around 4pm on the same day, Israeli soldiers

stationed at the same outposts shot four missiles at a group of Palestinian

youngsters as they set barricades around the houses to protect them

from further shelling. Six were injured: 1. 17 year-old Jamal Qishta,

shrapnel in the left foot. 2. 16 year-old Ashraf Abdil AíAl, shrapnel

in the left leg. 3. 14 year-old Umar Abu Zahra, shrapnel in the chest.

4. 16 year-old Mahmoud Abu Azzam, shrapnel in the left arm. 5. 12

year-old Musa Abed, shrapnel in the head. 6. 12 year-old Muhammad

Qishta, shrapnel in the abdomen. At around 5pm, Israeli forces stationed

at Abraham Avino settlement and military outposts in the eastern hills,

especially Johar Mount, shelled residential areas in Abu Sneineh quarters,

Janeb and Al Takruri dome in the middle of Hebron by artillery and

heavy machinegun ammunition. The shelling went on for about ten hours,

until 3am on Monday April 16, leading to the injury of five civilians:

1. 9 year-old Ahmad Abu Sneineh, shrapnel in various parts of the

body. 2. 70 year-old Sameeha Abu Al Halaweh, shrapnel in various parts

of the body. 3. 17 year-old Khitam Abu Al Halaweh, shrapnel in various

parts of the body. 4. 12 year-old Nayef Al Jamal, shrapnel in various

parts of the body. 5. 17 year-old Bassam Al Falah, shrapnel in various

parts of the body. Also many houses were damaged to varying degrees

in their interior and exterior walls, services networks, windows and

furniture. At around 21:30, Israeli forces stationed at Jadida and

Neve Dakaleem settlements opened fire from automatic guns on Palestinian

houses in the Al Namsawi quarter, southwest of Khan Yunis wounding:

1. 26 year-old Mahmoud Abu Olawan in the head. The Palestinian man

was returning to his home near Khan Younis Youth Center when he was

shot 2. 46 year-old Miriam Abu Hatab. Miriam was wounded by shrapnel

while in her home, 200 metres from the Israeli forcesí positions On

April 16, Israeli forces penetrated and re-occupied Palestinian National

Security Force positions in PNA-controlled areas in Beit Hanoon, northern

Gaza Strip. Israeli forces launched a broad air-sea-ground attack

late Monday night and early Tuesday morning, as well as continuing

to shell Fatah and NSF positions and several civilian homes. According

to information received from Gaza by LAW Society, Israeli forces stationed

at Erez crossing shelled NSF outposts east of Beit Hanoon on Monday

evening before penetrating PNA-controlled areas at midnight. Israeli

tanks and bulldozers razed four NSF outposts to the ground as well

as ruining agricultural land in the area. The area penetrated was

800 metres east and one kilometre north of the PNA controlled areas.

During the shelling, 23 year-old Mohammad Al Masri from Khan Younis

was hit by an anti-tank missile, which killed him instantly. The attack

also wounded: · 38 year-old Imad Odwan, Palestinian border guard,

shrapnel injury in the head · 34 year-old Nasser Muqbil, Palestinian

border guard, shrapnel injury in the face · 36 year-old Basim Afifi,

shrapnel in the left foot · 26 year-old Azmi Al Jamal, shrapnel injury

in the right foot · 28 year-old Mohammad Al Bitar, shrapnel injury

in the right foot · 26 year-old Musa Atiyi, shrapnel injury in the

left foot At midnight, Israeli forces fired two surface-to-surface

missiles at a Palestinian Preventive Security headquarters in Al Nasir,

Gaza, destroying the northern section of the building. Another Israeli

missile fired from the air hit the Palestinian police offices in Gaza.

Israeli battleships shelled a Force 17 outpost in Al Sheikh Ijlain,

southern Gaza, injuring four Palestinians. On Monday, Israeli forces

shelled another Force 17 headquarters, 200 metres from Deir Al Balah,

using gunship and battleship. The gunship fired two missiles, and

three anti-tank missiles were fired at the same building. Automatic

guns were also used in the shelling, which destroyed three offices

and a Force 17 tank. One of the shells landed on Al Barook Mosque,

destroying some walls. Four more surface-to-surface missiles were

fired at Fatah offices in the centre of Deir Al Balah, destroying

the 300 square metre second floor. The shelling wounded · Madi Madi,

27, from Khan Yunis. Madi was hit by a missile that severed his leg

and arm; he is now in a serious condition · Intisar Baraka, 35, hit

by shrapnel in the neck · Nasir Abu Saqir, 24, hit by shrapnel in

the left arm In a separate incident on Monday evening, Israeli forces

stationed on the south-eastern hills of the Palestinian town of Al

Khader, south of Bethlehem, subjected Al Khader and Solomon Pools

to heavy shelling with anti-tank missiles and machineguns. The shelling

damaged dozens of buildings in Al Khader, as well as the tourism projects

in Solomon Pools. Bethlehemís Ayda refugee camp, Beit Sahour, and

Beit Jala were also shelled. The homes of the following Palestinians

were severely damaged: · Dr. Johnny Matawra · George Matawra · Boíaz

Abu Al Zalaf The following were wounded in the shelling · Yameen Abu

Al Zalaf, 40, shrapnel wounds in the shoulder · Rose Abu Al Zalaf,

53, from Beit Sahour, shrapnel wounds all over her body · Boíaz Abu

Al Zalaf, 64, from Beit Sahour, shrapnel wounds in the left eye and

right hand · Abdul Khalik Abu Zaina, 32, from Nablus, a guard at one

of the tourism projects, shrapnel wounds all over his body · Fatma

Subuh, 12, from Al Khader, shrapnel wounds · Iman Mahmoud, 14, from

Al Khader, shrapnel wounds On Tuesday afternoon, Israeli tanks shelled

Saladin Street, south Rafah, killing 10 year-old Baraía Al Shaíer.

According to LAWís documentation, Al Shaíer and his brother Usama

were crossing a street two hundred metres away from the Israeli forcesí

position when soldiers shot Baraía in the head. That evening, Israeli

forces shelled the western part of Tulkarem, damaging many Palestinian

houses. 21 year-old Majid Farouía, an NSF member, was shot in the

right arm during the attack. Moreover, the Israeli shelling of Al

Khader killed 16 year-old Rami Ighrayeb, who had run out of his home

with his family during the Israeli attack and sought refuge in the

garden. However, an artillery shell exploded, followed by machinegun

fire. Rami was shot in the chest and died instantly. The boyís grandmother,

100 year-old Amna Yusif, was also wounded in the incident. Also injured

were 35 year-old Ziyad Subuh, shrapnel wounds; 20 year-old Ahmad Salah,

shrapnel wounds and 20 year-old Ahlam Shusha, shrapnel wounds On Tuesday

evening, Israeli tanks also shelled Bethlehemís Ayda and Al Aza refugee

camps and Beit Jala. The shelling went on until the early hours of

Wednesday morning,wounding: 1. Muhannad Abu Awad, 17, from Ayda refugee

camp, shrapnel wounds 2. Samia Ata, 56, from Ayda refugee camp, shrapnel

wounds 3. Ali Al Hamuz, 38, from Ayda refugee camp, shrapnel wounds

4. Miriam Al Aza, from Ayda refugee camp, shrapnel wounds 5. George

Asfur, 21, from Beit Jala, shrapnel wounds 6. Manal Abu Shaira, from

Al Aza refugee camp, shrapnel wounds and damaging the following Palestiniansí

houses: 1. Yusif Katamish from Al Aza refugee camp. The house was

hit by an Israeli artillery shell, which burned it to the ground 2.

Basheer Abdul Kader from Al Khader. The house was hit three times

by artillery shells and partially destroyed. Many other houses were

damaged from the outside. In Hebron, Israeli tanks and machineguns

stationed around the hills and inside the Jewish enclaves shelled

Abu Sneineh, Bab Al Zawyi and Harat Al Sheikh quarters in the heart

of the town on Tuesday. The Israeli attack was one of the fiercest

on Hebron since the eruption of the current uprising. It wounded:

1. Nawal Abdeen, 48, whose bedroom was burned down. The Palestinian

woman suffered severe smoke inhalation 2. Riyad Abdeen, 57, Nawalís

husband, also suffered severe smoke inhalation 3. Najah Abdeen, 40,

shrapnel wounds 4. Mona Abdeen, 16, shrapnel wounds 5. Kamal Abdeen,

20, shrapnel wounds 6. Hatem Abdeen, 20, shrapnel wounds 7. Zahiyi

Al Kawasmi, 70, shrapnel wounds 8. Jawad Al Natshi, 39, shrapnel wounds

According to eyewitnesses, the Palestinian Red Crescent Societyís

paramedics faced difficulties reaching the homes of the injured Palestinians.

The shelling damaged the following Palestiniansí homes 1. Yusif Abdeen.

An artillery shell hit his house and created a 1.5 metre hole; the

house was burned down 2. Mahmoud Abdeen, an artillery shell hit his

house and created an 80 centimetre hole; the houseís furniture was

badly burned 3. Riyadh Abdeen, the shelling burned the bedroom and

furniture 4. Akram Abu Sneineh, the house was burned down 5. Khader

Abdeen, the shelling damaged the house and furniture 6. Mohammad Abdeen,

the shelling damaged the house and furniture Many more houses and

buildings were damaged. Several bullets hit Alia Hospital, destroying

some machines in the hospital laboratory. Third: Bulldozing and demolition

On April 14, Israeli forces attacked Palestinian houses near the southern

entrance to Saladin Street in Rafah, Gaza. According to LAW's documentation,

Israeli tanks and bulldozers stormed Saladin Street south and destroyed

several Palestinian homes and stores as well as the offices of the

Palestinian military intelligence services. The following Palestiniansí

houses were completely destroyed: 1. Talíat Al Ikir, 120 square metres

(accommodating 6 people) 2. Sameer Al Shaíer,200 square metres 3.

Mahmoud Al Shaíer, 700 square metres (accommodating 14 people) 4.

Mohammad Kishta, 200 square metres 5. Mahmoud Al Shaíer, 400 square

metres 6. Ishtawi Kishta, 250 square metres 7. Mahmoud Kishta, 400

square metres 8. Basam Kishta, 400 square metres (accommodating 8

people) 9. Imad Kishta, 400 square metres (accommodating 8 people)

10. Atiyi Kishta, 250 square metres 11. Hashim Alyan, 160 square metres

12. Abdullah Kishta, one room (accommodating 1 woman) 13. Jamal and

Jalal Abu Zuhair, 160 square metres (accommodating 14 people). The

walls of the house were destroyed and the house was cracked 14. Anwar

Al Raíee, 200 square metres (accommodating 8 people). Half the house

was destroyed and the rest was cracked 15. Akram Al Raíee, 150 square

metres (accommodating 11 people). Half the house was destroyed and

the rest was cracked 16. Ahmad Al Shaíer, 150 square metres (accommodating

4 people). Half the house was destroyed and the rest was cracked 17.

Musa Kishta, 150 square metres, 150 square metres (accommodating 6

people). 40 stores were completely destroyed and 13 were partially

destroyed. They belonged to the following Palestinians 1. Mohammad

Kishta 2. Hameed Kishta 3. Zakariya Kishta 4. Ahmad Kishta 5. Hamad

Kishta 6. Raed Kishta 7. Mohammad and Abdullah Kishta 8. Shtawi Kishta

9. Mahmoud Kishta 10. Musa Kishta 11. Mohammad Ahmad Kishta 12. Atiyi

Shtawi 13. Mahmoud Kishta 14. Mohammad Mohammad 15. Khalid Abdul Al

16. Hasan Abdul Al 17. Awad barhoom 18. Musa Barhoom 19. Atwa Abdul

Al On Sunday, Israeli bulldozers bulldozed 22 dunums of Palestinian

agricultural land around the Israeli checkpoint south of Qalqilya.

The land belonged to: 1. Mahmoud Tabeeb (3 dunums of guava trees and

barley) 2. Mamoun Tabeeb, (3 dunums of citrus fruits) 3. Othman Tabeeb

and Said Zamari, (16 dunums of vegetables and an irrigation network)

On Monday and Tuesday, Israeli bulldozers destroyed 217 dunums of

agricultural land and 11 houses in Beit Hanoon. The houses belonged

to: 1. Atamish Shabat, 150 square metres accommodating 12 people 2.

Abdul Hafith Hameed, 200 square metres accommodating 24 people 3.

Hussein Swailim, 150 square metres accommodating 12 people 4. Ahid

Shanti, 300 square metres accommodating 14 people 5. Sameer Al Azazi,

120 square metres accommodating 8 people 6. Ibraheem Al Azazi, 100

square metres 7. Ibraheem Abu Amsha, 170 square metres 8. Khamees

Khayal, four-bedroom house accommodating 4 people 9. Ayad Abu Taha,

four-bedroom house 10. Midhat Abu Ramadan, 200 square metres accommodating

10 people 11. Ibraheem Abu Said, 150 square metres On Tuesday, Israeli

forces bulldozed Yasir Huraniís 30 dunums of land south of Qalqilya,

destroying the plants and the irrigation network as well as a greenhouse.

They also destroyed 45 olive trees belonging to Mohammad Suleiman

in the Palestinian village of Asila. Fourth: arrests On April 15,

Israeli troops broke into Jamaíeen in Nablus and arrested: 1. Asad

Hardan, 19 2. Majdi Musa, 19 3. Amjad Musa, 22 They also arrested

18 year-old Shadi Jafar and his 26 year-old brother Mohammad from

Al Sawahra Al Sharkiya in Jerusalem. The brothers were summoned to

the Israeli intelligence service offices in Maíale Adumim before being

taken to Kfar Atsyun Detention Centre. The boysí father, 45 year-old

Abed, has been detained for the past three months at Megiddo prison

for arms possession. Mohammad is married and has two children. On

Friday, Israeli troops arrested Abdul Fatah Abu Al Rub, 35, from Ramallah.

The Palestinian man was held incommunicado until his family came to

LAW Society and Mokaid on April 17 for assistance. Abdul Fatah had

first been detained at Kfar Itsiyun and was then taken to Asqalan

prison on April 18. Fifth: Settler attacks On 12 April, 26 year-old

Ahmad Abu Kahool from Khan Yunis was severely beaten by Israeli settlers.

LAWís information revealed that Abu Kahool was working at a greenhouse

in Gan Or settlement when four settlers attacked him, threatening

him with their guns. One of them attacked Abu Kahool with a machine

that produces electric shocks and the Palestinian man passed out,

awakening the next day in hospital.


LAW publications and press releases since 1994 are available

on our website at


LAW - The Palestinian Society for the

Protection of Human Rights and the Environment is a non-governmental

organisation dedicated to preserving human rights through legal advocacy.

LAW is affiliate to the International Commission of Jurists (ICJ), FÈdÈration

Internationale des Ligues de Droits de l'Homme (FIDH), World Organisation

Against Torture (OMCT) and Member of the Euro- Mediterranean Human Rights



Indice di sezione

Indice generale